- Be nice and respectful to everyone, these are your people.
- We'll provide lunch daily, as well as drinks and snacks.
- Wear your badge and make sure it's visible. We don't re-issue badges, so please take care of yours.
- The conference buildings can be confusing to navigate - there are maps here and the schedule has room numbers for each session which are linked to the maps.
Wi-Fi and Internet
Wi-Fi internet will be provided during the conference, the network name and password will be provided here. Wi-Fi coverage is available through most of the AUT campus.
AUT Auckland City Campus
Sir Paul Reeves Building
Code of Conduct
NZGDC17 is dedicated to providing a harassment-free maker-space experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, skill level or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Event participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference at the discretion of the event organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of presentations or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, event organisers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the event.
Event organisers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Event staff can be identified by lanyards or you can make an anonymous report here.
We can’t follow up an anonymous report with you directly, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.
Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event. People like you make our event a better place.
In Case of Emergency
Medical and Other Emergencies
For emergency services (Fire, Medical, Police), dial extension 111 from any conference/internal telephone or find a uniformed conference helper.
In case of fire, leave the building immediately by walking to the nearest safe exit. Leave all belongings. Do not use the elevators. Do not return to the building until fire wardens indicate that it is safe to do so.